"We have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past." -Vivek Paul

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

2010 International Cycling Classic Superweek Pro Tour

Well a lot of things have happened recently. My newest USWCDP Diary has come out on Cycling News
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/us-womens-development-program/fixed-gear-fever
So, first and for most, you should check that out and read up on my adventures there.


Secondly, i just got back to Colorado Springs from the International Cycling Classic Superweek Pro Tour. This is an event that i first worked as an employee last year, and this year, i returned as an employee, but also as a rider. I raced in the pro women's category for most of the series (all but the last 4 days).

After Tour of America's Dairyland, i was feeling good. I returned to colorado springs and took some time on the track, once again, and then i ventured on to wisconsin with Chris Kreidl and Stephanie Falls in my little subaru.


Superweek was good for me. I raced hard, fast, and i did very well.

3rd Geneva-Mill Cycling Classic Criterium
7th Homewood International Cycling Criterium
9th Richton Park Criterium
2nd Willow Springs Road Race
5th Keefe Real Estate Lake Geneva Criterium
10th South Shore Cyclery Classic Criterium
12th Brookfield/Maximized Living Criterium
16th EDGE Condominiums-Schlitz Park Challenge
9th The NorthShore University HealthSystem Grand Prix of Cycling
5th Wheel and Sprocket Whitnall Park Road Race

8th Overall Women's Pro 1/2/3
2nd Overall Women's Top Amateur


I was in the pink jersey for over half of the series. I took over the lead on the third day, after the willow springs road race, where i placed 2nd. I was then 2nd overall for the rest of the series, until i stopped racing with 4 days to go. From there, i finished 2nd overall for top amateur and 8th overall for the series.

But on top of racing, i was working Superweek as well. I give hug props to Tenspeeds and Cadence Sports for all the work they put into creating such an awesome event.

Hopefully soon I'll have another cycling news diary up, documenting my travels. Now, post superweek, this weekend i have the Colorado State Track Championships/Elite National Qualifier, and then i head to Charlotte NC on the 6th for a USA Crit Series race, with Team DFT/Treads.

So off i go! More adventures to come. I'm looking forward to heading back to school and attending collegiate track nationals and elite track nationals!
Life is good, lovin it, and living every day to the fullest!
But for now, I'm going to bed, getting some food in my fridge, and getting the track bike built up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment