"We have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past." -Vivek Paul

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Never Hesitate

Recently, as far as going to school, driving, racing...the whole shebang...I've discovered, no matter what it is in life, never hesitate.
Well, if you are going to say something stupid, please hesitate.
But if it's passing a car on the highway, if you want to pass, just do it. Don't hesitate. When you hesitate, that's when the oncoming car appears, and it's too late.
When you're racing and someone goes for it, go! Don't wait, don't ponder that one last second. That last second is what is going to cost you the win.

So, now that i am less than a week away from heading to my third collegiate track nationals, i go in with this mindset. Never hesitate. I have more confidence in myself this year than i have ever had in anything else. I have the same feeling I've had going to the line in my junior dragster as a teenager, knowing that my car is so dialed, i know exactly what it is going to run, and i can cut the best light on the tree. That confidence has been instilled in me, from being on the track, from achieving so many of my goals this summer.

Never hesitate.
Never stop dreaming.
Never, never, never give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment