"We have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past." -Vivek Paul

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The end of the summer has come.

Tonight will be my last night in my apt in COS. That only means that i have 2 more days here, and then it's back to school. What's my course load look like?
I made it too the top!

Human Physiology
Exercise Physiology
Human Physiology Lab
Personal Finance
Admin Program Exercise Science

It's going to be a trip! I can't believe I'm about to start my junior year of college, my little brother is going to be a senior in high school, and I'm going to say goodbye to the velodrome for a little while.
This summer has been incredible. Racing, riding, working...living.
When i started this journey to colorado springs, i was sleeping on couches, hopping all over the place. I owe Clay Worthington and the Tyson family a very very large thank you. Offering up their places until i could find an apartment that would allow a 3 month lease. And then, once i did find a place, leaving for the fixed gear, then hopping over to wisconsin with Cari for Toad, then coming back, then gone for a month for Superweek, and then back for qualifiers. It's almost like i never stopped, and i loved it. Traveling, airports, driving, eating at different place. I love it.

I am Specialized. 
So, now I am heading back to Durango soon, to start school, to enjoy life there. Durango is incredible. At first, it was so weird, so...different, but i can't wait for it to snow, for the mountains to be covered in powder, so i can look out the window, and everyday be amazed by the beauty.
I made one last trip up Cheyenne yesterday. The only way for me to climb better, is for me to get myself up a hill. So that climb seems fitting. It's harder than i ever imagined, but i did it. I've done it multipled times, and i like to think i go faster and faster each time. Which probably isn't always true, but it's a good thought.

Garden of the Gods. 
I've had such a great summer. Meeting some of the most extrordinary people. I've experienced the loss of a new friend, and the gain of many others, and in some ways, even when someone leaves, they really haven't. Many people make the comment, "Aren't those winter gloves?". Well yes, they are. And I'm not going to stop wearing them, because you have no idea what they mean. So of you do, most of you don't.

Being able to train almost on a daily basis on the velodrome. Having the best coaches. Ones that encourage the crap out of me, even when, it's quite apparent it isn't my greatest day. It is true that i have watched more movies than ever before, that i have become addicted to Hulu and coffee, but I've come to realize that being in seclusion is a good thing for me. It gives me no distractions, a chance to really focus on what i want, what i can achieve. And it put my dreams back in clear focus. It's like a grounding center, giving me the ability to come back, be alone, and rethink things through. It's a complete enviornment that i can control.
I won't miss my flooded street. 

So, I'm going back to school. Well, for as much as ill be in school. I can't explain how much i am looking forward to Collegiate Track Nationals, and my first Elites. I am excited for Maddie Godby to be returning to the track, after her massive crash at Junior World Championships. I've got a new bike, track racing wheels, saddle. So things are piecing their way together.



No comments:

Post a Comment