"We have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past." -Vivek Paul

Sunday, October 10, 2010

So far, all i have been writing about is mostly cycling. But just so you know. i do go to school sometimes. I've got some pretty sweet classes this year. I've finally broken out of the generals and intro exercise science classes, and now I've got two physiology classes, along with a lab. It's awesome! The nerd in me is coming out!
The thing i love most of exercise science is that i can relate it to myself so easily. Being an athlete, especially a cyclist, you learn so much about your body, and in these classes, like anatomy, physiology, and exercise phys, you see how everything works together and you start figuring out things you can do to get that extra advantage. Not that i have exactly learned an special secrets, but its fun to see how things are coming together. 

So, this is a photo from one of my labs where we ground up soybeans and other kinds of foods and found the glycemic index of each, and their nutritional content. 

I've also got some pretty awesome roommates who are putting up with 5 bikes, 4 wheelsets, a bike box, trainer, pump, and whatever other shenanigans i come up with to put in our living room. 


 So, yes, mom and dad, even though I'm on scholarship, you should know that your daughter is actually getting an education here at Fort Lewis, and the steriotypical "fort leisure" no longer exists, at least not in my dorm room.

No comments:

Post a Comment